sábado, 30 de agosto de 2014

My New Project: Faces of the the Line- The birth of an idea

I've started a new page on Facebook and will hopefully
  have started  it up and will be blogging about it on it's own page.
 It's called Caras de la Linea or Faces of the Line.
I feel that the general public has a pre conceived notion of who is crossing
the U.S. and Mexican border everyday.  I hope to show the diverse wave of humans
that pass through this gate/fence one by one every day to the rate of  
an average 50,000 people every twenty four hours.

This man has not given me his permission to use his photo yet, I need to get it on
a phone so I can show it to him and ask  him how long he has been playing the line.
I can vouch for at least two years.
I plan on giving out little cards to each person in line starting at the end and working my way to the front, explaining my project. Then if they are not interested they can return my card and if they would like to participate they can sign it and I shoot!
I want to ask 4 questions they can answer one or all four. I will get their name and county.

  1. Why are you crossing?
  2. What's the longest you've stood in line?
  3. What is the one thing you never leave for the line without?
  4. Would your life change drastically for the best if the border was more efficient?
  5. If you could change something in your life what would it be?

So I hope my portrait skills will improve and maybe something good will come out of it!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario